View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 03:43 PM   #20
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
[Quote]I'm concerned about the draw of the JC 12v system...
We do boondock and the normal for us is to use propane when off grid. Even with the Solar 1200 with 510ah of battery, when I left the RV fridge on 12v one time, it drained most of the batteries within a day. Not sure I understand this; do you mean you left the fridge on 120VAC (through an inverter) and it drained the batteries? I could understand that. My current gas absorption fridge runs on either propane or 120VAC; only using 12VDC for control circuitry.

But, like others, the RV fridge performance is not good in the heat.

So, I'm trying to narrow down what impact the JC system has on the batteries. Does anyone have the info on how much current the 12v JC system draws? The information is on their website.

Related, does the JC gas/elect system use the same efficient 12v compressor along with a propane option? Check the JCR website; the gas/elect system uses either propane or 120VAC. I think you might be confusing 120VAC & 12VDC.

I'm sure they can answer the above, but hoping to get some "real world" feedback from forum members, especially relating to their 12v system and boondocking.

Thanks in advance!
Brad[Quote]
scottz is online now   Reply With Quote