Thread: Sailun Viet Nam
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 03:23 PM   #24
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat View Post
I put 4 Sailun 637 tires on my rig a year ago. At the time, I had read a ton of good things about this tire on this forum and others. However, I was a little confused when my tires were stamped “Made in Viet Nam”, as I thought Sailuns were made in China. Oh, well, no big deal. Over time, I started to see on this form and others that there have been a number of Sailun failures. Over time, it became apparent that the failures were on tires made in Viet Nam. I watched with interest, but I have been skeptical, as you tend to get anecdotal “evidence” on online forums, where a tiny fraction of owners actually post their experiences. Certainly, of the many tires sold this can’t be representative of the average owner experience.

Well, we pulled into our overnight stop last night and, long story short, we noticed some damage around the passenger side front tire. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the tread on that tire was completely gone. The tire never lost air, but the tread was completely gone. And, there was considerable damage where apparently the loose tread flapped around before completely separating. Sailun 637 made in Viet Nam. I think I can get the tire replaced under warranty, but the damage it did is considerable and will cost much more than the tire to fix. I’m now a believer.
A very few have reported problems, one fellow has reported the same failure several times inflating the numbers. Of the 10's of thousands of RV's with these tires, a half dozen failures is gold star performance. ALSO, in at least two cases, it was evident from the supplied pictures that the tread separation was caused by a pothole. Personally I am glad to hear the tire didn't lose air suddenly resulting in a potential wreck and loss of life. Present your case to Sailun, I have no idea what their position is on secondary damage which can easily exceed the tire cost. I am in the process of building WiFi cameras to place under my rig to keep an eye on things as I travel, now I may build a couple more just to watch the tires. I knew that pos android tablet would come in handy some day.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger