View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 09:20 AM   #7
taja1002

M.O.C. #27302
Thank you! My DH is a retired firefighter from Trenton (27 years), that retired 2 years ago and now I will be retired from the AF after 22 years. When I ask questions to military offices/support they have no idea how to deal with me because well lets be honest most of them are young and have no idea about full time RV.

We are on the "young side" (under 55) so one of my questions is I have seen RV Resorts (AZ) that are 55 and older. These places look amazing but is there a way we can stay? My kids (22 and 19) are not traveling with us...just my dogs. I know in NJ there are tons of places for 55 and older and as long as 80% or more are 55 or older then "younger" can stay.

Prescriptions - what does everyone do? Switch to a Walmart or Walgreens that have locations in every state?

Medical - I have signed up for VA healthcare and my husband has medical for all of us that is already paid for by the city and is a PPO. We don't need referrals etc, just go, obviously we have an online account to find "in-network" places.

I know this one people will have different opinions for sure - Residency...We are looking between Florida and Texas. At this time we are 75% sure at some point we will get a stick house in SC (most likely), however while we are traveling which state gives the most benefits? Which is easier to become a "resident" without having to constantly return to accomplish things like license, registration, etc.

We are in the process of downsizing to sell the house and will move our "keep" items to storage and my intention is to donate everything that I can to the Veterans program (has anyone had experience with them). I don't want to be donating to a program that is going to "charge" people for the items that I am giving them.