View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 02:20 PM   #23
Dixie Flyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minitrbo View Post
Weeks ago I had a tire blowout. I replaced all the OEM F rated tires with G rated Carlisle. Subsequently I installed a TPMS. The cold pressure in each tire is 110 psi as recommended for the load. When driving in 65 F weather at 65 mph I saw the pressure get as high as 135 psi.

A lot of forums say things like "I believe ..." and so on. I'm interested in finding out if anyone knows for a fact, such as a data sheet from a manufacturer, at what pressure I should become concerned. FWIW the maximum temperature reported by the TPMS is 90 F.

Years ago I had a tire on the front of my car that that caused the car to pull to the right. I replaced the tire with a new one and that stopped the pulling, The tire also had a tendency to run hotter tham the other tires. The cause of the problem was the cord was misaligned or overlapped when the tire was made. The dealer had the tire x-rayed and that is what he told me. you could see the tire was raised on one side making it out of balance also. Anytime it takes more than 8 ounces of weight to balance a tire something is wrong. You can balance a concrete block if you put enough weight on the other side.. So take the tire that is running hot and balance it. See if it is out of round. If it is replace it with another tire and see if that helps your problem.
Dixie Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote