Old 08-18-2018, 08:23 AM   #46
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
Back in 06 when I first got a diesel, it was quite a bit cheaper than gas. The sulphur content was 500ppm. Then they went to 50 ppm and now 15? (or is it 5?). Each time the price went up. I think this is a major contributor to the higher price. Still it is better than around 2008 or so when I paid $4.85 in the Chicago area!!!!
Emphasis added...

Summer 2008 was an anomaly. Speculators were running the insane asylum. Just in time for the election that year, everything was going down the tubes and gas was under 2.00 per gallon by Thanksgiving here in Chicago. I predict you'll see those 4.85 prices again within the next two years. Chicago real estate is now starting to heat up as CA, WA and CO real estate levels off. The wheels are coming off the economic gravy train, but nobody can see it yet. Recession here we come. You heard it here first.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote