Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #17
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
I would definitely be interested in changes you've made though! Never know what I might learn.

First thing we did was to yank out the fireplace in the bedroom. We actually used the "case" the fireplace was in, and just added doors to the front and shelving inside. Then I pulled apart the front fireplace area and fixed the wiring mistakes there, plus added another receptacle for power behind the enclosure. Rebuilt the enclosure that hides the water pump from a curved wall to a square wall for more room. Changed the water pump to a variable rate pump (Shurflo) and added an expansion tank (Shurflo) as well. Installed a removable cover over the skylight in the "suite" area, as I didn't like the sun shining in my eyes (waking me up) first thing in the morning. Also it lets in a lot of heat during the summer if not covered. And of course the normal "open up all AC and heating ducts and grills and clean out all the construction debris that is always left. Also opened up the return plenums so better air flow back to AC/heat pump units. Removed the TV from the outside cabinet and am using space for storage instead. Never would use that outside TV. Added a Flagpole Buddy setup to the slide out, as well as a weather station. Pretty much it......for now!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote