View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #30
TrailTrackers
Established Member

M.O.C. #20852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
Excellent responses and I thank you for your inputs. I like most have always had the long bed with a crew cab. The extra length allows me to put my security blanket on (Husky tool box, lol) to carry what I do not want in the truck or 5'er.
Being in construction for 35 years, those little jobs for plywood, sheet rock and lumber do not seem to end, lol.
Thank you again, I am looking at the 2017 Ram 3500 6.7 diesel crew cab Lariet Longhorn, long bed.
Everyone have fun be careful of the other drivers.
Happy trails all.
Hey... That's the exact truck I got! It pulls my trailer awesome. But for some unknown reason when it doesn't have a trailer behind it, and I hit 74-76 mph, I get this strange shimmy from the rear (it's solid in the front with nothing at the steering wheel). The dealer says it's the aftermarket wheels and tires and refuses to believe otherwise. Discount Tire has done that special balancing job where they match up the "out of roundness" in each wheel and tire individually. They even put different wheels and tires on it and the shimmy didn't go away at the same speed range. It's my first ever long bed truck so I don't really know what to think.

Anyway, that's the one thing "con" I would say about my truck. But there are probably 100's of "pros" I could mention about the truck. Like I said, this is my first long bed and it has made me wonder why I hadn't gotten a long bed all those other times. Other than this is the first truck I have purchased to pull a 5th wheel trailer. And I knew before I purchased the truck that I was going to install a 91 gal. fuel tank / tool box in the bed of the truck, and there was no way to do that in a short bed. And I also did not want to be forced to get a sliding 5th wheel.

It didn't take me long to get used to parking the long bed, and I bet it won't take you long to get used to it either. I'm sure you will be much better off, much safer going down the road and much happier if you get the long bed. Good luck with what ever you decide.

Edit:
Oh yeah... This is also the first auto tranny in a truck I have had. And this truck came with like 423s or something like that; can't really remember. But in any case I knew that wasn't going to cut it for my taste pulling a 40' RV. So before I took delivery (I ordered my truck custom from dealer) I had the dealer change the gears to 373s. The other major thing I ordered on my truck from the get-go was dual alternators which gives me 440 amps. Anyway, with the 373s my truck snatches my trailer up steep grades like it ain't got nothing behind it; I love it...
TrailTrackers is offline   Reply With Quote