View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I believe all of the built in generators have remote start, however the Onan is a propane hog from all I have read and heard on the forums.

Many folks use the two Honda combination and are then able to run their AC but you are fueling 2 generators and you must have a spot to store them, lifting a 40# approx generator out of the generator compartment is not my idea of fun as you are bent over to lift anything out of that compartment to begin with.

I have the Honda EU3000i and love it, it will easily run the one AC that I have if needed, it is electric start (not remote) but will start also on the pull rope and will start every time on the first pull.

I initially had planned to put it in the generator compartment but one issue was adapting the exhaust to the outside world that would be safe and also not prevent any problems to the operation of the generator itself, besides I did not like the idea of having gas in that location.

Since I have a LB truck I designed a box to carry the generator and tools in a combined two compartment box, the generator can be run right in the box and I have never had an overheating problem, it is very quiet and I have a special cord to connect to the Monty through the generator compartment at a cut-off box.

I did not want to mess with two units and their harness's, but many seem to be happy with that arrangement. The EU300i does it all.

Here is a picture of my setup.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote