Thread: Westlake tires
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 08:06 PM   #41
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalandLinda View Post
You know tire brochure information is much like your trailer's brochure, not official. If you had studied the Lionshead link I provided, you would see they describe the Westlake ST235/85R16 LRG with a load capacity of 4080# at 110 PSI, which we both know is an error.

All steel redial is a marketing term. But you have finally read a sidewall and saw that the sidewall construction for the "All steel radial" has steel cords vice some kind of fabric.

Lionshead has not updated their link to describe the Westlake 16" LRG tires as all steel. Because I knew Lionshead to be the primary OEM provider of the Westlake tires I was quoting information from their link. Westlake does not publish a ST tire data book so the only other place to verify the actual construction of their ST tires is from the individual sidewall.

This a tire condition to be aware of when using all steel radial tires. It's called a zipper rupture and is very dangerous.

Attachment 5951

Well kind of confirms what I think of Goodyear that zipper rupture appears to be either a Goodyear G614 or 114. I will definitely stick to Sailun
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote