View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #18
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Neverhome

When complete strangers ask to use your restroom, chances are they will look into your medicine cabinet or drawers for prescription medicines to steal.
Thank you. I assure all of you, I was not expecting others to think my post was somehow an impossible situation, or result of overly active imagination. Sue and I have had "tent campers" ask to use our restroom, on several occasions over last 20 years. On other RV sites we talked about this happening, and it appeared to somewhat common, especially in State and National parks. As for medicine chest, I can assure you people look into cabinets in your home. Addicts are all around us today. Ministers, cops, lawyers, doctors, judges, children and respected individuals from all walks of life. In Ca getting any legitimate pain opiates script is now a big deal. The clampdown on obtaining theses meds has left seekers with what they perceive as no choice, and home invasions etc. are increasing. You walk with cain or have any obvious impairment, you're a target. Norco sells for $14.00 to $25.00 per pill in many areas. When someone needs these drugs, they will do anything! (Please our law enforcement members chime in)! Thread has gone off track from intent, but it's starting a new conversation of importance. That said, I can assure you crime stats will reflect increase in drug seekers becoming inventive at finding drugs. Hell we lock my pain meds and heart meds in "hidden locked safe inside RV."! One of my heart meds could kill a heathy person. Last year, an RN Nero Surgery nurse, who helped me at the hospital, came to our home and begged me to help him. He had gone to several other patients. Needed pills till his script could be filled. Unfortunately he did not know I worked for Ca Medical Association for 30 years, and was required by law to report him. As I had done to several doctors during my career. With his cooperation, he avoided jail and we got got him in a drug program. He lost his career for a time. He admitted to me that he stole his mothers pills, patient pills. He lost wife and access to his child, but has done well and is on a path that might get back a limited license in future. Just my two penny's.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote