View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 04:39 AM   #14
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
mobil,
I don't think the SC2021 Satellite Finder will identify the satellite you are on as well as the AccutracPro22 will not identify the satellite. It allows you to peak the signal of the satellite you are aimed at. You can peak the wrong satellite with either meters.

There has not been a problem for me aligning on the wrong satellite as long as the mast was plumb, I was pointing close to the 101 satellite, the elevation was set and the skew was set in the general area of where it should be. All the other satellites were aligned for me using the 101 as the main satellite I aligned to.
This is where a satellite pointer can assist in finding the azimuth you should be aiming at. If you do not make your own pointer there are others out there on the market. Some folks only use a compass to point the dish. You can also use a pointer to align to the 110 satellite also as long as you know the azimuth to aim at for your location. Free Aligning Programs for azimuth, elevation and skew are available on the web to download to your computer which you can readily bring up without using the receiver.

The only time I have had a problem setting up was when there was a problem with the the coax from the dish to the utility bay connection or the coax or fitting from the utility bay to the receiver. This happen usually to my abuse of the coax when connecting and connecting the dish setup. This is something to be aware of, coax and connection failure.

You really need to not get to hung up on 101 or 110 at this point. 101 has been the practice to align to and the others will follow suite.

Most of this is just my experience aligning up the Slimline 5LNB dish.

Joe
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote