View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Dave and Gloria. It sounds like you've been doing your homework.

You can often negotiate an even better price while at the show. You can do just as well, sometimes better, in the dealers showroom. Been there, done that. Any dealer will likely tell you, if you ask, that he will match or beat the price you saw at the show. We asked and we did get a better price.

We bought our first Montana while tromping around in six inches of snow with temperature at 28F. We were not the only customers on the lot. After buying the rig, and while chatting with the dealer, I mentioned tromping around in the cold weather but I felt we got a better deal because we came during the cold, snowy offseason. He told me he averages far more sales during those months than people realize. Lots of people think like we did and buy during the offseason. I still think you might do better in the winter (if winter is cold in your area). End of month, maybe end of quarter, whenever the end of the period their bonuses are figured on. If you can figure that out, you might do even better.

Be aware the 2006 models are being delivered now. Not September like cars. 2005's are now last year's model so get an extra discount for that. Many people do not realize you can and should get a rather substantial discount off any new RV, no matter where and when you buy it. Many pay too much because they are unaware. We have a couple of people here reporting 30% discounts for the current year models. Quite a few report 25 to 30 percent. You should be able to get 20% just by asking for it. We asked for 20% and the dealer didn't even blink an eye. On either of our two new Montanas (different dealers). They just said 'OK'. I should have figured at that point I could do even better but I didn't.

Good luck. You are making a wise decision to buy a Montana, in my estimation.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote