View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 10:08 AM   #4
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
I have some follow-up information for anyone else that might be considering a project like this.

A few years ago, the solid surface countertop material fit into the price difference niche between laminate and granite or quartz. We actually have it in our kitchen, for now anyway. It's a great choice for an RV because it's more attractive than laminate and much lighter and less brittle than granite. The downside to doing a small project is that the fab shop has to order it in 30" by 144" sheets which are now very expensive; actually much closer to the cost of granite. If you can identify the manufacturer and model number/name of the material in your rig, you might be fortunate enough to find a fab shop that has some remnants in stock that they are usually eager to sell. The manufacturers do discontinue patterns from time to time also.

After identifying my pattern, I called 6 different fab shops and luckily found one that had a piece large enough for my project. He's fabricating my shelf for $80 and I found the hardware for $29. Both of which I think are very reasonable.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote