View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 03:39 AM   #4
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
I may have been long winded in my post but the point wasn't to find out how to do the suction cups. The point is that I did it and it finally let me get my dish in the correct location with nothing more than a wild guess as my alignment procedure.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering how this worked for me. I used two of the suckers where the design is to have cups on either end of a handle. Then I u-bolted the handles at right angles to a 6 foot piece of 1 1/4 iron pipe and placed my antenna mount on the end of the pipe. This lets me slide my suckers up and down the pipe to avoid pulling a vacuum on my decals or having the disc end up on the edge of a decal (making a leak).

Went through a T-Storm last night with no ill effects and this morning I can yank on the pipe and shake my rig. These things really hold tight. I'm going to test everyday to see how long I can go without having them fall off. I've got four discs pulling and one could easily hold this thing up so my hope is that losing one vacuum will not be catastrophic.

Has anybody that's done this ever had a disaster?
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote