Thread: Adding Airbags
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 09:22 PM   #56
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by G & S Russell View Post
If you have a leak at the fitting, you can take the line loose by pushing in to the fitting, holding the metal part and pulling the line out and then cutting the end off and reinserting into the fitting. I left extra line for that reason. I also split some fuel line and wrapped it around my air line in the high rub areas, like where it goes through the frame. Might save a leak in the future.
I wish it was that easy, as I can barely see the fitting most of the installation was done by feel and getting two hands or tools in there at once my body does not contort like that anymore. It was much easier to replace the fitting hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
This is the Air Lift system I installed. It's fairly easy and requires no room inside the cab. Pump installs under the truck and the remote operates it. Easy Peazy.
I considered that system however for nearly $400 I could not see the value as I rarely change the pressure while traveling, the wired pump I returned was only about $100 which is why I though I would try it.

For that $400 I found more value in just buying the Ryobi Hand held pump for $29 and also the Viar pump Compressor for airing up and maintaining the truck and RV tires (I also use it to air down and up the tires on our Wrangler for off road). But for those that need pressure changes on the fly the wireless it seems to be a good option.

As I said earlier the other issue that concerned me with the Wireless is there is NO manual fill or bleed over-ride in the event the wireless fails. Although it does have a good warranty at 2 years (self install) or 4 years if professionally installed...

I should note I installed the oversized 7500lb bags/system and I level at about 35lbs (however the trucks suspension is new so it may settle a bit over time), (the larger bags require less pressure) but my main use for them is to minimize sway on my 2019 Ram 3500 SRW.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote