View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #31
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We have recently joined the NuWa Owners Forum, and I thought our friends here on the MOC might like to see a recent post I made there in response to a person who was trying to decide between a Montana and a HitchHiker.

Our experience is directly relevant to this question, but my answer may be surprising. We just traded a Montana 2955RL for a HitchHiker II UKTG. We are now on our first real trip with our HitchHiker, but we towed our Montana for five years and over 50,000 miles. We have nothing but good things to say about our Montana and about our HitchHiker. For us, the floor plan of the UKTG was the deciding factor. We do NOT want to tow a larger or heaver fifth-wheel as we are 'travelers' and never will be 'full timers'. We require a clear separation between the bedroom and the bath, and Shirley has preferences about the kitchen. We would have considered any Montana which met these personal requirements. On the other hand, we 'fell in love' with the HitchHiker II UKTG the first time we saw it. We looked at it (yes, the very same unit on the lot) over a period of six months, and were surprised that it was still there when we were really ready to trade. We made many friends on the Montana Owners Club forum. Several of them have stopped by our home for an overnight in their Montanas, and we met a good many others at gatherings or on the road.

The bottom line? Personal needs and preferences are the deciding factor. We are finding many things that we prefer about the HitchHiker, a few very little items that we miss from our Montana. So, I think, it would always be. For most people, when they find "their trailer" they will know it. We've had three fifth-wheels bought new: a Jayco, a Montana, and now a HitchHiker. We were satisfied owners and users of all three. I guess we should consider ourselves extremely fortunate!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote