View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 04:46 PM   #12
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Having had three 5ers including a Newmar Kountry Aire, really would like to stay with one but my wife can't (WONT!!) drive the truck pulling any 5er or any other towable and I'm getting to the point where 8 +/- hours is too much. And we do take lengthy trips so that means a C or B+ with an A not in the running (I'd really like a Prevost Liberty but not the cost of purchase and ownership)
I didn’t bother to look at Prevost. My wife will not drive pulling the 5er either. My goal is 350-400 miles daily but will not overnight for an extra 100 miles. 1st stop after 3 hours then every 2 hours or sooner if desired. Steady 65 mph is comfortable for me. I’ve talked to some that never do more than 300 and a few that only do 200-250 daily. What may help me is usually only 1 or 2 nights on the road to destination and then a longer stay 2 weeks to 1-3 months. Staying in a B+ would be like in my master bedroom closet. A super C means I have to pull a vehicle anyway. I tried to talk myself into it but both agree a 5er is best for us at least until I get old. 😆
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote