View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 05:53 PM   #47
Caniel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
https://www.rvschool.com/school-locations/

haven't used them, but it is a place top start looking at.

Just remember, once she goes to school she will be able to tell you all that you are doing wrong.
My wife and I used them while we were in Flordia visiting the kids before leaving for Alaska. Take a look at their website. They have instructors scattered about the country.

I grew up on a dairy and cattle farm, my wife a strict city kid who never even drove a pickup before we got our Mountaineer.

We purchased the 2 six-hour days of training. Joe had a basic syllabus but was willing to alter it to focus on our specific needs. We used our own truck and trailer and spent a good six hours each day working on practical application driving. We hooked up in the morning and backed-in to our campsite and unhooked at the end of the day. He had us driving forward and backing up through a series of cones. We practiced a low-speed panic stop to demonstrate what that feels like. Under his guidance, my wife made legal U-Turns in places I would never have tried. One exercise had my wife drive through a community with narrow roads. There were two contractors illegally parked on the street with enough clearance for us to pass between. I won't forget the sight of two grown men doing a double-take Then dropping their tools and sprinting for their cars when they saw a woman behind the wheel.

While I signed up primarily for her to learn, I also learned things as well.
Before the training, she would drive on the Interstate from one rest stop to the next. After the training, she could drive the rig through a narrow lane road construction area and even a big box store parking lot with all of those traffic control dividers.

For us, it was worth the price of the training. Recently, we sold our Mountaineer and truck and switched to a Class A. We'll schedule driving training for her and me the next time we visit the kids in Flordia with our motor home.

Don't short change her. She is far more capable if given the chance.

Caniel is offline   Reply With Quote