View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 07:31 AM   #45
JustEd

M.O.C. #25934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodyswanch View Post
Hi. I'm a wife so thought I'd put in my 2 cents. I think both spouses should know how to drive if even just for an emergency. I am 68. I can hook up and drive our 42ft 3791RD. I do ALL the backing up! I learned on a 34ft living quarters horse trailer all by myself (in my 50s). It's not that hard. It's not rocket science. Practice makes perfect. I can back around a tree in a campsite if needed. Let her practice in a huge warehouse parking lot. She should definitely know how to maneuver corners, not just straight roads. She doesn't have to backup but it would be good just to get that feel in an open lot. I have never scratched our 40' or 42' Montanas (whereas my husband has scratched/ gouged both of ours on trees while turning). Remember to have her look UP at the top of the trailer when turning if in a city etc to clear those light posts or signs on edge of road. It's not always only if the wheels are clear. Good luck. At least she wants to learn. You had to learn at one point also. Women have great spacial awareness.
Super, and very appropriate comments. Good for you.
JustEd is offline   Reply With Quote