Thread: Ft. Hood
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #10
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Yes it is sad but I am surprised he being a Vietnam era vet is getting anything. The guys at the DAV have told me that Vietnam vets usually don't get anything. I am fighting them over some of my back injuries I got when I was in a tank wreck and a truck wreck. They told me there that if I was in any of the deset conflicts I would have gotten benefits right away. But they are still having trouble getting VN vets anything. The way they do PTSD almost all firefighters and police would qualify. I know I have seen more blood, gore and death, and have faced death being a FF then probably most of these guys. But yes all they have to do is say they are having nightmares. The way it sounds to me talking with these guys I would say 80% never even saw any conflict or ever fired a weapon. Most just did guard duty. But anyways as the day goes on down here it is sounding more and more like he was just a nut case from the beginning. He is actually from some little town in Puerto Rico. The neighbors say there was nothing unusal about him and he seemed friendly. He may have been upset at the army because they say his mother just recently died and they only gave him 2 days leave. But then too he may not have had any leave accrued. Seems like those are the types that just lose it. Sad thing is he has a 2 year old daughter...
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote