View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
F3fifty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12628
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

Do you really mean "hinges" or are you referring to the mounting plates for the struts? If it is hinges, I got nothing. If it is the mounting plates, welcome to the club. Screws coming loose are a very common problem. Larger screws will make bigger holes when they too pull loose. The door walls as very thin and the sheet metal screws they use will pull loose due to the power of the struts.

You can search here for some of the things other members have tried. Keystone tried adhesive behind the plates on the door side of mine. Those came loose. On the ODS they used pop rivets (as near as I can tell) and those are holding. The dealer re-did the DS door with dowels glued to the inside and then screws into the dowels. That seems to be working for now.
Correct the mounting plate is coming loose and the screws can't be tightened. Your ideas are appreciated. thank you. Guess it's not a rare occurrence to see the plates working loose. Keystone sure puts enough screws in the plate and it still doesn't hold well.
F3fifty is offline   Reply With Quote