Thread: NE in the fall
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 05:34 AM   #9
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
When in NY, be careful to NOT drive on any parkway. No rvs allowed. The road along the lake from Niagara Falls to Rochester is one. I almost found out why the hard way. Under pass was 14 ft (my rig then was 12'7"). Next one was 13.5, then 13, so I took the next exit. I could read the sign while exiting - 11 or 12 ft something!
Also, there is a historic site just North of the falls - Old Fort Niagara. Pretty interesting and colorful with people in costume, etc.
And Arcadia has LOTS of lobster shacks for dining if in season. Wife ate one every day and on the last day I told her to go for the biggest. It was huge and the next day while traveling she didn't even want lobster rolls for lunch!!!
We did the same exact thing several years ago headed to 4 mile creek state park. The GPS wanted to take us on 90west. I said to myself, why not just keep going north and then west along the coast. So that is what I did. Sign said no commercial trucks. I'm not commercial, so away we went.

Then came the first of 3-4 arched bridges with clearance signs well below our height. I crawled under all 3-4 in the center of the road at 5mph with the mirrors pointed up. LOL. Will not do that again.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote