View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #42
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
What you need to know is the running watts of the generators not the rated watts. My 2000 watt Predator is 1600 watts, my 3500 watt Predator is 3000 watts my 3000 watt Honda is 2600 watts. My 15000 BTU ac pulls almost 1400 watts. A lot of campers come with a 15000 and a 13500 BTU ac. The 3500 watt and the 3000 watt generators are maxed out running both ac s. Either of the small units are maxed out running one ac. Do you wont one generator or two? And what else are you doing to run with an ac? One ac and a microwave or a coffee maker and you are maxed out again. Think about what you will be using while on a generator. Only you will know that. You can be sure any one of these generators will run more than my built in 4000 watt Onan because it will not run my ac with nothing else on.
And one other thing shop around. Learn all you can about these Chinese clone generators. They are all Honda clones and made in a few factories in China. You can have two or more identical units with one costing several hundred dollars more. And pay attention to the warranties some come with a 6 month warranty and you can purchase a two year warranty. Others come with a 2 or 3 year warranty but but they will fix a broken unit while you wait. So how long is that going to take, weeks months. My Predators came with 6 months no questions ask exchange.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote