View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 02:38 PM   #15
Spike
Established Member

M.O.C. #26885
DutchmenSport is "spot on" about repairs on a new rig.
I'm coming up on the 1 year mark of owning my 2020 3790RD.
I retired, but my wife is still working, with less than 2 years before we hit the road full time. I don't want to scare you, but in the last year my Montana has had issues with the heater, hydraulics, leaks, frame issues, side panel supports, and more. It's been in the shop for over 140 days, not to mention the 56 days of waiting for my appointment date. I have only taken it out 4 time but planning one more this month. We did spend many nights parked at my home (since we live on forested property it still feels like camping). I wanted to get all the warranty work done and all the quirks figured out before it gets real.
With COVID, the RV dealerships are booming and it's taken a month or longer, just to get into the shop. All that said I still love the layout and it is something we can see living in for an extended period of time.
Now that my original warranty is almost up, I am fixing minor repairs on my own, and I got an extended for bigger repairs, so I hope I will be good to go when we do start living our dream.
I know the "don't make them like they used to", but this has been a learning year for us and our traveling RV friends who plan to buy a new rig this year.
Good Luck
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote