View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 06:36 PM   #32
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I don’t pay much attention to the numbers on the news. I know this is serious and DW and I are taking it serious. We do not want to catch this thing. As stated earlier in this thread - we will get the vaccine as soon as it is available. We have been doing flu and pneumonia and shingles etc. I don’t want to catch that stuff either. I suspect we will be wearing masks for a while even after the vaccine comes out. Ok...whatever...it’s no big deal for me. I just do not want to catch this.

As to the numbers and statistics...my 92 yr old mother died Aug 11. After being locked up for her own safety in the assisted living home, my sister could not come take her out on the routine week of Sonic, bridge with friends, Mexican food at Francisco’s, etc etc. For some reason - she quit eating on July 11. Maybe a medication got off. She could not keep anything down, even water. Everybody did everything that should have been done. My sisters and I think she just gave up, did not want to go on like this locked away from loved ones, and she wanted to be with Dad, her sister, etc etc. She did not have COVID - but she was most certainly a casualty of this situation. I agree that the nursing homes needed to be closed off to protect seniors but the loneliness is a killer. Where do they track that statistic?
Same here. My Mom passed away on June 22nd in a very well known high$$ retirement home. Don't know if Covid played a part, but our guess is loneliness. No one could could see her for months.