View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
I have the 12cuft norcold, which has been working well. We have had two occasions recently where fridge temps seemed to vary from 31 to 43. So I was looking in the top outside vent to see if something had changed. When I looked at the installation manual, I found out that keystone hadn't followed the manual on the install of two metal pieces that funnel air flow. Both should be the full width of the enclosure. The lower unit was only 21 inches wide, not 32. It should also have its top lip to within one quarter of an inch, horz and vert, of the right side of the finned coil behind that vent. It was not bent inward at the top to meet that spec. The metal at the very top was less than the back panel width of the fridge with gaps on both sides to allow hot air behind the metal panel. There was a lack of insulation behind that panel and the bottom of it overlapped the top of the fridge by about 1.5 inches, whereas spec is quarter inch to less than one. After correcting these two vent deflectors the fridge is purring along and closely maintaining whatever I set it to all day. Might want to dig out the installation manual and check to see what the manufacturing floor wizards did on yours! John