Thread: internet
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 03:01 AM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by vgforbes

With today's technology does anyone know if there is a practical way to get connected to the internet while traveling. More rv pARKS ARE GETTING WIRELESS , but i'd like to know if there is anything available that would work anywhere ?
Contrary to what some have said, High Speed Internet Satellite systems do work. We have Starband, have had it for 18 months and it has never given us any down time except when we had a severe thunderstorm in Indiana. In most severe weather, we shut down everything that is computerized anyway.

Some have previously said in other threads that they didn't like having to lug around the equipment for satellite systems. Well, we don't seem to have any problem with it. And, when we arrive at our destination, I can have the satellite system and DirecTV both set up within 15 minutes.

Don't let anyone convince you that you're too old to be doing this because age has nothing to do with it. It's kind of like those who will not use their 50-amp cable because it's "too heavy."

There, I've said my piece, what say you?

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote