View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Larry,

Not sure what you plan to do with your photos, but, if you ever want to print them, you might find the quality at 45 KB is just not up to snuff. A photo of 1.5 MB is not that large. Start doing the math (which Al will tell you I am really bad at), but you can store a LOT of 1.5 MB photos on just one CD, and if you can burn a DVD, goodness, that will hold just lots and lots.

I would prefer to see the photos saved/burned to a CD or DVD as a bmp, and then maybe keep the reduced jpg photo on your computer for every day use.

If you find a need for that larger file and have deleted it without any other format/backup, you might be sorry.

Another way to save your higher resolution photos is to purchase a external hard drive. There are also places online where you can store your photos, and some of them have FREE storage which a lot of room, I thought I saw over at hotmail where you could store, like 25 Gigs of photos for free.

As you can tell, I am a bit paranoid about ditching my higher res photos and scans. Partly because I have never been real happy with the resulting printout of lower res photos. Sometimes I am not even happy with the low res photos on the monitor or my computer screen.

I may have totally misunderstood your post, and if so, I stand corrected.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote