View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #15
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
I believe that Keystone is trying to make inteligent changes. Bottom line is where is the line on cost control so you can get all those extras? I am willing to put up with some of the problems after all the industry has to make decisions when it comes to cost control. Where I have a problem is in quality control! If Keystone spent little more in making sure the empoyees were doing their job right and spent just a little more money in keeping the warranty service to a minimum it would even out. But they like all other corperations will do only what they have to to get by. After all if the Airline industry figured they could save how many millions of dollars taking peanuts away. Get real, the RV industry is no different bean counters are bean counters.

The way the RV industry as a whole puts out their products, those bean counters have it figured to the penny for profitablilty. The warranty issues are because they have the longevity planned to that one year of warranty. Once that is over then another industry will get some gravy, the service centers that remove your hard earned dollar because of the manufacturers planning. See I do believe that Keystone stands behind their product from all that has been said in people returning to the factory service center. Many people do not have that option keeping the RV service industry viable. I purchased mine knowing it was a good value for the buck, also understanding that I would have to repair and modify my Monty at times. Sometimes it is hard to take the pitfalls of new/used ownership and the hardship it creates when things go to hell. Also something to think about, no matter how much prep and expectation we all have when we purchase something, it sometimes becomes disappointing.

Like some people here I am not happy unless I am tinkering, making my Monty the best for our wants and needs. This being a double edged sword, also leads me to find many of the things I feel could be done better. I do believe that if I had an unlimited supply of cash and purchased the most expensive, best built, product on the market today. I would still have problems with one thing or another, finding the same things I have found on the Monty to be substandard in my opinion.

I am just greatful to having this forum and to all those people helping me make my Monty the best for my needs. This forum makes a big difference in helping all Monty owners get the most out the good times these homes/home away from homes offer. Not to mention what I feel is the best bang for the buck on the market.

One thing I do advocate is the consumers, we all should have a way of bringing major safety items to force change in the industry. It will have a cost but then at what expense is safey worth?

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote