View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
TerryClaudia
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12055
Another Marathon tire failure

I'm a retired engineer and have been in management too; so my heart want's to design it right, but my management background allows me to understand why perfect is not economical.

HOWEVER... I just do not understand why after so many years and occurrences of Marathon tire failures, Keystone still puts them on the 5th wheels they sell.

I bought my 3700RL Montana in December 2011 and although I dickered with the salesman to get the price down, the $500-$1000 difference to drive a safe rig would not have stopped closing the deal. I had less than 10,000 miles on my Monty (most miles in the northeast) when one of the folks at the Montana Rally noticed that TWO of my four tires where separating. I would be far more aggravated if I had continued my trip from Myrtle Beach to Florida and not noticed this and had trailer damage or a bad accident.

THIS is not a new issue, five of the 13 Montana owners in our last Rally have experienced Marathon tire failures and the solution is pretty simple. Put Goodyear G614 RST or some other recommended tires the MOC group has identified on Montys and one of the biggest complaints I hear about Montana's will be resolved.

Goodyear was good enough to refund me 100% cost of separated tires and 50% cost of the remaining three tires I was upgrading from to cover cost of the PROPER tire replacement for the Montana.

PLEASE don't continue to embarrass Monty owners and supporters by putting inadequate tires on the rigs!!!

We will be asking the Lazy Days dealership this same question and asking for resolution.
TerryClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote