Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #19
KathyH

M.O.C. #19998
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger9mm View Post
Hello all and Merry Christmas.

My wife and I have 5 years to retirement and we are planning on full-time RV living. We have been out to many RV dealers looking at the Montanas and have to say we really like the designs and the warranty for the full-time living.

We currently camp a lot with a 26ft TT and have no problems finding spots at different RV parks. The question I have are the RV's my wife and I are currently looking at are in the 40ft length. Does anyone have issues finding RV parks that would accommodate the 40ft to 41ft 5th wheels? Just a little worried.

We have our eyes set on the 3790RD but a little worried about finding places to stay with it. Will be utilizing a 2019 F350 SWD short bed 4x4 crew cab with the camping package and a slide 5th wheel hitch. I'm hoping the truck will be big enough.

Hi,

We bought a new 2017 Montana 3731FL and tow with a new 2017 F350 diesel long bed with tow package. This truck tows like a dream! Currently averaging 13 miles towing. Our Montana is 40ft and 16,500 loaded. We pack what we need and travel light. We are retiring 9/2020 and headed southwest and California. We bought our rig early so we could make sure everything was working properly and get some towing experience prior to taking to the road upon retirement for 8 months. We have had no issues with the Montana and are happy with our choice of rig and tow vehicle. We started 14 years before we made our final decision with research and walking thru so many makes and models we lost count. We haven't had any problems with finding places to stay. It does require a call to check and make sure they can accommodate us. We stay in privately owned campgrounds and avoid RV parks. We have a generator and are getting equipped with solar since our plan is to boondock frequently when we head southwest. Enjoy your search for your rig and have fun with your journey.
Kathy
KathyH is offline   Reply With Quote