View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 04:08 PM   #15
bjacobs3791RD
Established Member

M.O.C. #25072
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
It seems the AC in the living room would stop, then immediately start back up with the fan sounding like it is on low. The bedroom AC would run on high. After a few minutes, each would shut off, then back on and the living room would be on high and the bedroom on low. This was happening all day long. The only turned off for a few seconds.
Was it something like this? https://youtu.be/EEDZ4_Xn5V8 Saturday after I picked it up from the shop it kept flipping from high fan to low fan every minute shutting off for about 4-5 seconds between switching. (compressor remained running) AC was on 68/Auto/Cool temp inside was 70. I've read where "Auto" will run the fan on high and switch to low as the temperature inside approaches the set point (within 5 degrees). I initially thought it just may have been right at the threshold but I was well within the 5-degree range. Dark video, it was at 11:45 at night but the timestamps are there. Click on my name or YouTube account, there are 6 videos of the issues I'm having.

It's just odd to me that both units are having the "shut off and not come back on problem" even after new thermostats, new control boards, and new freeze sensors. Certainly frustrating, we are paying for our summer spot right now at the beach so we don't lose it but can't even use it..

I'm also getting information that the two AC units are not linked together as I initially thought.
bjacobs3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote