View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 01:55 PM   #12
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
I agree about the wiring. One other thing I just thought of...Our first inclination that something was wrong was actually the opposite of what it is now. No matter how cold it got, the unit wouldn't turn off. It would freeze us out at night, but during the day it would shut down and not come back on. When I first noticed it, I had the AC set on 70 on both units and went to bed. Woke up during the night and my thermometer said is it was 62 and the AC was running full bore. Change the temp setting and it didn't matter. Wouldn't turn off unless I put it to off and waited. It would eventually turn off. Now its the opposite. It will turn off and not turn back on. Very strange.
I had thought it had something to do with how the units were working together. It seems the AC in the living room would stop, then immediately start back up with the fan sounding like it is on low. The bedroom AC would run on high. After a few minutes, each would shut off, then back on and the living room would be on high and the bedroom on low. This was happening all day long. The only turned off for a few seconds.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote