Thread: SoftStartRV
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 09:04 AM   #30
66 Galaxie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24885
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
kowbra ... not wanting to split hairs, and you may end up educating me in the end, but ... I think the soft start capacitors and the Coleman-Mach Powersaver series A/C's noted in the Keystone literature are two separate components that do two separate things in this new A/C system. The added soft start capacitor allows a lower amp start up ... the Coleman Mach Powersaver is a stand alone A/C that is designed to draw fewer run amps. I can't envision a soft start on it's own making any difference in running amps of an A/C. I've installed other branded soft starts in the past on my A/C's and I will agree, they do work. However ... what draws my attention the most of the Super Solar flex package is the MSRP of $19,500!!!! You obviously planned way better financially than I did when I was approaching retirement. Ha! I admire your volunteering to be our guinea pig on this system, but like a new engine in a pickup ... I personally would wait a model year or two to let the bugs shake out of the first run production units.
The Power Saver ACs are "High Efficiency" and have the soft starts built in. It's their own design/version of the Micro Air EZ start. From everything I've seen they start between 8-13A and run at around 11.
66 Galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote