View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #5
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Okay, have done my black tank as well as my galley grey. The repair should have been done with plastimend and with the tank out. The failure mode on my galley tank was on one of the ribs on the bottom that got worse with more grey water in it as these tanks expand quite a bit with stuff in them. I also had a major leak at the top lip where the tank top is bonded to the lower molded part of the tank. Haven't had any issues since repair. Black tank failure was my fault, leak around top seam. Tanks are only held in place by two rails under the side seams at the top. One of the rails is removeable. Remove wiring to tank, make sure as much liquid I'd out of tank, cut inlet on top of tank leaving enough pipe for a rubber no hub coupling to put back together, cut tank output from rest of output plumbing...again leaving enough room for a rubber coupling to put back together, remove the removeable metal tube under one side of the tank, and lower it out. With tank totally empty and no or little liquid in tank one can use plastimend kit to repair the issue. Tanks have a raised molded in number on them that tells size and pipes configuration of any tank. New tanks don't come with any fittings as far as I am aware of.