View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 04:35 AM   #5
larryngail
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #888
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by justdiana

Hello!
I work as a "traveling" xray tech. My company sends me all over the US to hospitals with tech shortages. My assignments last for 3 months at a time, and I usually end up staying for 6 or 9 months. They pay for a furnished apartment, or I can opt for a housing allowance. I am seriously considering some fulltime RV options. I am currently in the DC area, and I have been considering the 3400rl. I am also considering some Class A RVs, but I prefer the floorplans of the Montys. My biggest reservation is having a truck for my main vehicle. I don't mind driving something big, I just wish they were more comfortable. I am going to the Midwest RV show in South Bend, IN in August, so I hope to get a better idea then. I would appreciate any comments at all....especially relating to fulltiming. Is it going to be difficult for me to find long term RV sites? I usually find out where I am going 1-2 weeks before I leave.

Thanks for your help and advice!
Di
Hi...and WELCOME. We have a 3400 and are very happy with it. Nice thing about the Montanas....there seems to be a floor plan for just about everyone.

My suggestions regarding a tow vehicle. Try before you buy...then try again. Take your time and sit a spell. Some are way more comfortable than others. If you're looking at Fords (just an example)....sit in the different styles available (XL, XLT, Lariat, Harley). They all feel different. Some have power seats, heated seats, auto adjusting -- etc. Bucket or split? And there's ways of taking that truck-bounce out (where you feel like you need to wear a kidney belt). Some of the trucks feel like you're riding in a Mercedes (well, that may be a little far-fetched).

Anyhow, just take your time. And have fun doing it.

As for finding long-term spots. Look to the private parks. Doubt that you'll have any trouble --- plus monthly is a lot less $$.
larryngail is offline   Reply With Quote