View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Okie Guy

I plan to use my unit over the winter. I want to do some winter camping this year. I don't have the convince center to just suck the antifreeze into the lines. I strongly recommend adding this $15 to $20 capability. All it is is a "T" valve and three feet of hose. It makes it easy to get pink stuff into the lines. The water pump sucks it in. Removes the "long" process. It is a long involved process which involved filling up the fresh water tank with a couple gallons of antifreeze. Its a pain to wash that stuff out of there.

I have emptied the water lines in the trailers and emptied the hot water tank. When you say empty I hope you mean "BLOWN OUT". I feel that is the only way to purge the lines without using the pink stuff. I have poured pink stuff in every gray/black tank in the unit and I have the heat on 50 degrees. The propane cost against the pink stuff needs to be evaluated. For me the $24.00 for one tank of propane covers the cost of the pink stuff when using the pump kit. Do you think I should still suck pink stuff into the lines? I plan to be in the unit about a week around Christmas, in January and another week in February.

Is 50 degrees too low on the inside temp or should I just suck it up and have the unit completely winterized each time? It sure would be nice to have one of those convince centers in Miss Monty. Shes a 2005 though and the centers came out in 2006.
Thanks in Advance
Phil
I used about five gallons of pink stuff for full winterization. I put 1/2 gallon in each trap and then the rest in the lines. With the pump kit the pink stuff sure gives you a safe feeling and should take no longer than 15 to 20 minutes.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote