View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
At this point in time, adding Chevy and GMC together yields an identical number as Ford, both at 36%, with Dodge at 25%.

It used to be the majority towing the larger trailers were Fords, with Dodge second and GM a very distant third. Remember, I'm talking heavy trailers. Then GM came out with the Duramax and the 8.1 and those loyal to GM who bought the Fords and Dodges to tow the heavy weights went back to GM. Now from what we're seeing, Ford and GM (combined Chevy/GMC) are about equal. Dodge has also gained a bunch but still lags behind the others although they are much closer than they used to be. These are just what we've seen around the country and it applies only to heavier trailers.

I also find it interesting that when in the RV capital, Goshen, IN, watching the delivery guys, a big majority of them are driving Dodges. I would surmise that's because they put on tons of miles and the Cummins longevity is what they're after rather than the better ride and creature comforts of the other brands.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote