View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 08:04 AM   #9
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary and Buffy View Post
I have a 2010 3455sa.

I bought it 2 years ago and like it a lot. I looked at the manual for the fireplace and found out it can be remote controlled. I didn't have a remote for it so I ordered one from the manufac. After getting the remote I found out there needs to be a receiver for it to work and I don't have that. Haven't decided if I want to order that or not. Love the fireplace, takes the chill off.

On a trip last week the switches for the landing gear and rear stabilizers stopped working. I used a jumper wire to the black box on the wall from battery to the terminals marked manual switches both + and -. This solved the problem temporarily. Couple days later the slides wouldn't go in or out and I found using the same jumper also made that work. Moved the wires from the manual switch terminal to the input + and - terminals and that is working OK.

I understand that the black box on the wall is for a remote control and that may be the problem. Don't have the remote but think it may be handy. Went to local dealer who called Keystone. Keystone told him they don't put remotes on their campers so it must be an aftermarket. That doesn't sound right.
Any one have any knowledge about this. Is the remote manuf. installed?
Where can I get one?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Gary
Your unit did indeed come with a remote that operates front landing gear the rear stabilizers the slides the scare lights and the awning.That black box with all the wires going to it is the receiver for that remote. Call Lippert Components to see if you can get a new remote but I doubt it. Maybe eBay ?

Search The Forum and you will find many threads on that
Most people including myself have just put it in a drawer and don't use it it's more trouble than it's worth. The remote chews through batteries and a very quick pace.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote