View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 10:38 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Steve and Vicki,
Well folks I've been on both ends of the road in question but not the bulk of where you're talking of going. The road is in great shape on both ends I was on. And of course the scenery is great. Exactly which direction will you be approaching this part of the world?

When you get near the south end of Flat Head Lake I'd take the road to the right. Hwy. 35 goes up the east side of the lake and is relatively less traveled than is hwy 93 on the west side of the lake. Of course 93 is 3 or four lanes on much of the west side of the lake. The east side route is the one we came out on when we left Glacier. It is a nice two lane road and very scenic. It goes thru many little communities nestled along the lake. Steve it is your kind of road..... just not as turny as you'd like.

As to the other end of 93 you probably won't be going on that as it is south of where you indicate you'll pickup 93. It appears to be just the kind of road you're looking for. My experience driving a diesel rig up in that area is that you'll have no trouble finding diesel anywhere along the road. I carry a 5 gallon can of extra fuel just in case but have never had to use it. Still have the stuff from this past summer. I'm going to need to use it just so it doesn't get stale!

The "road less traveled" looks good to me Steve. Go for it.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote