View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #29
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
For some that did not read my extremely long dissertation above.....Let me be even more clearer than my extremely lengthy post above. Whew..

Ford basically put F-250 running gear under ONE MODEL of F-150, a 2wd regular cab, to claim a 3060 payload. When people dont know what payload is, and its not cargo capacity. It confuses people into thinking all F-150s are rated for that...WHEN THEY ARE NOT. So when ford runs a commercial they can claim all kinds of good numbers for thier F-150.

Its a dangerous combo of marketing hype / people not doing homework. Like I have alread said bunches of times.. Its a misleading marketing practice and all manufactures do it. It is up to us the consumer to filter it all before buying.

Is the F-150 a nice truck.? Absolutely! Does it have a nice engine? Absolutely!

Would I trade my F-350 for it for pulling the Monty?..Not a snowballs chance.

mlh... I dont think you will be used to anything now that you know the power of the spartan tuner! God bless those guys!

snfexpress...I understand exactly where your coming from. I had a run in with a guy many moons ago telling my Dad and I how his Ford Ranger had a better towing capacity than a 2500 series Chevy. He was pulling a 25 foot 5ver, with his bumper dragging the ground. Dad and I laughed and just walked away.

You can lead the horse, show the horse, show the horse facts, turn blue in the face.... and yet... the horse will still be a horse. Go figure....