View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I have to admit that at one time I thought exactly a KTmaniac did and actually still own both a Kipor 3000 and a Honda 2000 generator. Our decision for the Onan was based on both convenience and physical labor. The Kipor weighs 150 some odd pounds and even the Honda weighs 45 pounds or so. The kicker was the Kipor was needed for the air conditioner requirements (hauling the pets in the rig) and to get the Kipor in the truck also required unpinning and moving the 200 pound or so hitch assembly. This got old quick over the last two years. I think we will benefit vastly from the built in approach, and especially when we get the automatic switch for it that only runs the generator when the air conditioner is needed to drop the temperature for the pets. The auto-switch will also turn the generator on when campground shore power is lost. Our focus was on keeping the pets comfortable and safe, so the added cost to us was well worth it. As with everything, there are personal issues to consider, so this post was made purely in the interest of providing what our thought process was.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote