View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #22
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Steve,

There are more than one Five Guys. I know there's on in Arlington. (Their #2 store.) Said so in a newspaper article that was up on their wall.

I can live on burgers.

Haven't been to Lexington, except as a drive-through on our way to see Appomattox, I think it was. We started late so we had to fly back.

When we were first in Virginia, headed to Luray, we got off the Interstate and headed to what was supposed to be the Natural Bridge. But we just couldn't find it. And I didn't want to go turning around with the fiver attached, so we blew it off.

I've told Kim that whatever we miss, this trip, is an excuse, (as if we needed one,) to get back here, again.

We set up in Williamsburg, today. Took a short drive down to the old historic Williamsburg, just to fine a place to dine, and shop.

Ate at "Momma Steve's Pancake House." Kid you not! With a name like that, I just knew it had to be good. It was. Though we had hoped to come across a Perkins. And didn't waste time looking for the Cracker Barrel we believe is around here.

We got to an upscale grocery store. Found all sorts of goodies. Have dinner foods for tonight and tomorrow. Sheesh. I say "upscale," when tonight's food of choice was hot dogs. But we had a great container of marinated cucumbers! And some killer looking butterfly pork chops for tomorrow...Unless we decide to dine at Olive Garden.

Heck. There are a million coupons for various stores and eateries in the campgrounds hand out and Williamsburg visitors' guide. We're at the American Heritage Campground, and it's pretty nice. huge site. All cement, so we won't be tracking in muck.

We used the “buy one, get one free” Haagen Daas coupon, already.

The dogs seem to like it, so far. Except they haven't spotted a squirrel, yet.

We can already see a future re-visit, as well. I'm sure a week won't be enough.

Steve

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Shoot, we were at Walnut Hills for five weeks in August, 2003, and we somehow missed Five Guys! Can't believe I missed that!

Gyro, have you folks been down to Lexington yet? Great history there. Stonewall Jackson's home and burial place/monument. Beautiful old homes. The Natural Bridge is worth the trip, too. Be sure to see George Washington's initials carved in that bridge. That whole area is one of our very favorite areas to visit. We will someday be back there.

Hope you folks are having a great time there at Walnut Hills! Tell everyone 'hi' for us.
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote