View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #14
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Bob, I have an 08 Chevy 4x4 DRW and the back corner of the top rail is right at 58" from the garage floor. The bed depth is as Tom mentioned, about 21 1/2". Depends on where you measure from. (On a rib or at the bottom of a rib)
When I first towed our 08 2955RL with the long standard pin box the back of the pin box mount would hit the top rail and the pin box mount had to be nipped to solve this problem.

Now the 3150RL with the short MorRyde pin box, there is no problem with the hitting. I don't have the pin box numbers in front of me to refer to the number for the long and short models.
The 3150 does have a heavier hitch weight and the truck would sit down on the overloads. After about 10,000 miles this summer there was some wear on the rubber overload pads on the truck. The rig did sit a little nose high but not enough to really be a problem.

Recently I installed Firestone airbags and Bilstein shocks. Much better ride all the way around. After changing the axles on the rig to 7000Lb axles and 6 leaf springs the rig sits a little higher and
more level.

All said and done that one ton will squat down some and this will help some with the 58" bed height causing the rig to ride high in the front. With the airbags I can raise the rear of the bed up to 60" or more. Right now with 20Lbs of air in the bags I am sitting at 59". I usually run at about 50Lbs and the truck will squat but not down onto the overloads.

My hitch is a standard 16K Reese.

Joe

Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote