View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 06:27 AM   #1
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
washer dryer replacement?

We have a stackable Whirlpool washer/dryer in our 3402RL. It's 5+ years and the washer has been popping error codes related to the drain pump. But it has other intermittent problem that are hard to track down. I don't want to spend more money on something that just needs to be replaced.

So here's my situation. I'm on the road for the next ?? months and I want to get the Whirlpool replaced with a Splendide ARWXF129W washer, but I'd like to keep my dryer. Since all stackable systems have a bracket to attach the dryer on top of the wash, I'm thinking I could remove the bracket from the WP washer and attach it to the Spendide since they have a very similar bracket for their dryer.

Anybody done something like that?

Also I'm looking for a place to do the work. Obviously, CW can do it but I don't know if I trust them. Also I'd like to not go too far out of the way to get this done. I'm in Vicksburg, MS now and heading to Hot Springs, AR next. After that we are going west. Maybe Oklahoma City or down into Texas.

The lowest prices I've seen are at a place called PPL Motorhomes in Dallas or Houston. But the diesel fuel spent to get there will eat up the savings.

Thoughts on how you would approach the problem? Keep in mind I can't pull these things out myself, too heavy.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote