View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #27
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMont View Post
Can you please share a little more detail on the Lithium charger statement? I have a 2015 3100 RL and the panel does not have a lithium switch. I need new batteries and am researching AGM vs. Lithium. I do boondock a few times each year at events and national forest camp grounds. I am debating if I need to replace my charger and would appreciate more information. Thx.
You need to look up your model converter on the Progressive Dynamics webpage and download the manual. Find out if you have a Charge Wizard built in. If you do you will have a green blinking light and a green Mode button next to it.

If you put the Charge Wizard in Boost mode it will charge your Lithium batteries at 14.4vdc for 4 hours before returning to normal 13.6vdc.
Lithium batteries charge fast.

I put Lithium batteries in over 3 years ago and kept the original converter. It does not have a lithium switch but I use the Charge Wizard in Boost mode to get the batteries to about 90%.
I added 400W solar panels with my Victron MPPT set to lithium mode to top them off when going boondocking.

Progressive Dynamics Charge Wizzard:

https://www.progressivedyn.com/wp-content/uploads/Support/manuals/Operation-Wizard-Pendant.pdf

Mode Select Switch:
The Charge Wizard functions are fully automatic however, you can test the Charge Wizard’s functions manually by pressing and holding the MODE SELECT SWITCH BUTTON DOWN. When the button is first pressed, the light will be “ON” all the time, indicating it is in the BOOST Mode (converter output 14.4 VDC). If you continue to hold the button, the unit will switch to the NORMAL Mode (converter output 13.6 VDC) and the light will blink from once to many times a second. If you continue to hold the button down the unit will go into the STORAGE Mode (converter output 13.2 VDC) and the light will blink approximately every five- (5) seconds. NOTE: No matter which mode you manually select, the Charge Wizard will automatically return to the NORMAL Mode of operation after 4 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PD converter charge wizard mode button and LED.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	14001  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote