View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 07:47 AM   #28
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdon1057 View Post
In the many years of twisting wrenches, 40+, that sounds like a stuck thermostat. I would change that first, then I would Back flush heater core if thermostat didn't fix heat problem. Just disconnect heater hoses going to firewall. Then take garden hose and run water thru core, one way then the other until water flows both ways and runs clean. Just an opinion, Happy Trails

Not exactly easy or inexpensive project on a 6.7 Ford to 'shotgun' approach. $50 primary and $8 secondary thermostats, 5 gallons of coolant at $30+ each for Motorcraft. Running a stream of water through the heater via garden hose wont work - valves and hose locations. DIY antifreeze/thermostat change out on a 6.7 takes a special tool to ensure that the system is full with no air trapped, i.e. this one https://www.amazon.com/Schwaben-0034.../dp/B01DFMWH7S. It can get really expensive if a DIY doesn't do his homework. It's a significant project just to open the secondary drain though the primary radiator is in plain sight
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote