View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 04:56 AM   #56
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
snfexpress,

Glide Ride has 2 pin boxes that will "mount" to the Montana. Their LCI1116 pin box is a replacement for the Lippert LIPP1116. The LCI1716 is the replacement for the Lippert LIPP1716. Check the pin box part number on your trailer, or the one you will be purchasing, to determine the correct one to order.

If your tow vehicle is a long bed, either will work fine. If you have a short bed, the LIPP116/LCI1116 may be a little short for your preference, unless your trailer has the new front cap, in which case this may not be the case.

The LCI1716 is a 5 3/4" extended pin box, which will provide a little more turning room if you have a short bed truck. But, as I understand it, Montana is not keen on replacing the standard length with an extended pin box. However, I do not believe weight or extra forces on the pin box are the real issues here, because Montana uses the extended pin box on the shorter trailers, which typically have the highest hitch pin weights.

I'm not mentioning which pin box I have ordered, as I know that Montana sometimes watches this site, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote