View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 05:45 AM   #53
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Wrenchtraveller,

I agree with much of what you said. Normally, the TV run about 2" high in the rear. When the 3400 is hitched up, the TV sags to about 1" (or so) low. The hitch pin weight is about 2400#. I use the airbags to level up. This typically means that the springs are about 2" compressed.

When we head out on longer trips (more stuff) the hitch pin weight can go upwards of 2800# which thus requires more PSI in the airbags.

This whole mess started when our dealer recommended the Mor/ryde hitch as a good add-on, especially since Montana was going to the Mor/ryde suspension. I thought it a good idea since there have been many times I wished we could reduce the back and forth chugging of the trailer/TV combination. I was dissappointed to say the least when Mor/ryde said not to do it.

I have now purchased the Glide-Ride pinbox and will get it in about 1 week. According the Glide-Ride, it will actually lower the trailer front end about 3/4" while the Mor/ryde would have raised it an additional 1". If all is true, this will make the trailer ride almost level rather than with the nose up 2.5" And, if all is true, the Glide-Ride will make towing better that I could have achieved with the Mor/ryde. Better all the way around - I hope.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote