View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #47
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Wrenchtraveller,

I think you are pretty much correct. I don't think Montana will do anything, and it will be up to me to make the required changes. In the past, I have been able to do that by adjusting the pin box, or the hitch. This time it will be a little more difficult.

A I mentioned earlier, the Glide-Ride pin box claims to give me about 3/4" better positioning, and I perhaps may go to a lower profile hitch. This will cost in the range of $1200 - $1300 if I do the work myself. It's just unfortunate for me that I can work hard at negotiating a great price on the trailer only to have to spend the savings somewhere else simply because Montana decided to change things. If you happended to read most of the thread, you will have noted that the unit as delivered, was not constructed the same as the one we saw on the lot - the rolling design change got me.

The shorter pin box that came on the delivered unit also makes it a somewhat snugger fit when I back up with the gate down to hitch up. My TV is a short bed. Since I don't know if the long bed trucks differ in lenght from the axle to the rear bumper, I don't know if this will cause any problems with the long bed.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote